You guys have probably heard of Monthly Book Subscription Boxes. You know what I’m talking about, don’t you? Those awesome, desirable, AMAZING boxes that, every month, deliver books and/or bookish items, such as bookmarks, bookplates, pillowcases, candles, etc. On Instagram, I see so many unboxing videos/photos, and they are all enticing me to subscribe to one of those boxes. But first, I had to dig up some information!
- For people OUTSIDE of the US, shipping fees can be exorbitant. And most boxes are from the US. Shipping fees can go as high as the boxes’ prices themselves.
- Some boxes focus on a certain theme. For example, book+tea, book+jewelry, etc. You need to figure out what you want, first of all.
In light of my research, I have decided to share with you what information I garnered. I don’t have personal experience with them, though. I’m still deciding if the cost is worth the items xD Without further ado, here are my favorite ones so far (I haven’t bought them yet, the price and items included just seem the most worth it)!
- UpperCase Box offers 2 plans for YA readers. Expert (hardcover book, something signed by the author, and other bookish stuff) is $23 US+shipping fees/month; Book Exclusive is (everything, except for the bookish items) $17 US+shipping fees/month. Shipping fees : $6 US in the US, Puerto Rico and APO address, and $24 US in Canada. Doesn’t ship outside of US and Canada.
- OwlCrate offers a YA book and bookish items. Month-to-month is $30 US+shipping fees/month. 3-Month is $29 US+sf/month paid upfront. 6-Month is $28 US+sf/month paid upfront. Shipping fees : $7 US in the US, $10.59 US in Canada, and $20 US internationally.
- The Best Damn Book Box offers a YA book and bookish items. It costs $40/month. I think shipping fees are included.
- The Book Drop offers different subscriptions depending on your favorite book genre. The YA one delivers a book and a bookish item. It costs $13 US+sf/month. Shipping fees depend on where you are in the US, $16 US in Canada, and $26 US internationally.
- The Monthly Prophet doesn’t offer books, but bookish items on the theme of Magic OR Mystery. It costs $26 US+sf/month. Shipping fees are max $15 US.
- Muse Monthly offers a fiction book and tea. Month-to-month is $21 US+shipping fees/month. 3-Month is $63 US+sf paid upfront. 6-Month is $125 US+sf paid upfront. 12-Month is $245 US+sf paid upfront. Shipping fees : $6 US in the US, and $18 US in Canada. It doesn’t ship internationally.
- Novel Tea Club offers different genres: a book, tea and something extra. For the YA one, month-to-month, it costs $33 CAD/month (shipping fees included for the US and Canada). 3-Month prepay is $90 CAD. It doesn’t ship internationally.
- Yureka offers 3 YA plans. 2 paperbacks is $15 US+sf/month. The $25 US+sf/month option receives either 1 hardcover and 1 paperback book, or 3 paperbacks. The $35 US+sf/month option receives either 1 hardcover and 2 paperback books, or 4 paperback books. Shipping fees are included for the US (I think), $12/$20/$30 US for Canada depending on your plan, and $20/$28/$45 US internationally depending on your plan.
Those are the boxes I will most likely buy at least once in my life, thus my favorites! I hope it enlightens you a little bit!
Other boxes would be : Lit Cube, The YA Chronicles, Book of the Month, etc. However, I didn’t add them to my personal favorites because they’re sooooo expensive. So, nah.
I didn’t add any boxes made in Europe, because their price would be even more exorbitant than the US (for me, in Canada). BUT, if you would like me to give to you the information about other boxes (which would probably be more expensive, made in Europe and/or with fewer items), feel free to contact me! I have info on all of them, actually xD
Thank you for reading this! Feel free to comment or to ask questions 🙂